If you love finding sea glass, you’ll be sure to love this easy-to-make sea glass candy recipe with Jello.
Most people make sea glass candy with flavoring oil and food coloring, and you can use these ingredients if you like with this recipe. You may, however, prefer using Jello instead because it’s a little easier, and there are plenty of colors and flavors to choose from.
Main Ingredients and Things You’ll Need:
- One cup of granulated sugar
- One third (1/3) cup light corn syrup
- Six tablespoons of water
- One level tablespoon of Jello or one teaspoon flavoring oil and food coloring
- Powdered sugar
- Butter or non-stick cooking spray
- Candy thermometer or ice water
- Medium sauce pan
Directions for Sea Class Candy
- Lightly spray a small pan with non-stick cooking spray, or grease a small pan with butter. I prefer to use butter. If I’m going to make something sweet, I figure I might as well go all the way and use the more fattening but tastier options.
- Add granulated sugar, corn syrup and water in a medium sauce pan. Turn the flame to medium, and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, let the boiling sauce sit on the burner until it reaches 300 degrees. You can use a candy thermometer or just let it boil for a few minutes. Then place a drop of the mixture in a glass of ice water. If the mixture turns into string-like threads, it has reached the correct temperature.
- Remove the mixture from the heat, and wait a few minutes until it stops boiling and cools a little. Then stir in Jello or flavoring oil and food coloring. If you use Jello, be careful not to use too much, or you will end up with gooey sea glass candy instead of hard candy.
- Pour mixture into greased pan, and wait for it to cool and harden. I use a small 7″ x 7″ baking pan. Don’t use a glass pan because if you crack the candy with a mallet or something hard, you may break the pan too.
- Place plastic wrap over candy, and pound it with something hard to crack into small pieces, or break it into pieces with your hands.
- Finally, brush with powdered sugar and serve.
Ingredients for Sea Glass Candy
Be sure to grease pan thoroughly with butter
Stir mixture until granulated sugar dissolves.
Boil mixture until it reaches 300 degrees.
Stir Jello into mixture.
Let sea glass candy cool in pan.